Australian Government Hearing Services Program
The Department of Health is responsible for managing and administering the Australian Government Hearing Services Program.
Through the program the Department continues to work towards reducing the incidence and consequences of avoidable hearing loss in the Australian community by providing access to high quality hearing services and devices.
Whilst hearing loss can affect anyone prevalence rates for hearing loss are primarily related to the ageing population. Hearing loss can reduce the capacity to communicate and participate in social situations and can affect a person’s education and employment opportunities. With this in mind the Government is focused on improving accessibility of hearing services for the most vulnerable people in society.
You are eligible for the voucher component of the program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older and you are one or more of the following:
- a Pensioner Concession Card holder
- a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card holder
- a Department of Veterans’ Affairs White Cardholder issued for specific conditions that include hearing loss
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- a dependent of a person in one of the above categories
- a member of the Australian Defence Force1
- referred by the Disability Employment Services (Disability Management Services) Program or
- a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participant with hearing needs, referred by a planner from the National Disability Insurance Agency
Please note that a Seniors Health Card does not provide eligibility for the program. Occasionally we offer special deals to Australian Seniors Health Card holders so please ask our staff at your appointment.
Would you like to check your eligibility?
Call us on 9521 8979 or visit one of our clinics and our friendly staff will help you.
How do I apply?
Call us on 9521 8979 or visit one of our clinics and our friendly staff will assist you. We will apply on your behalf via our direct connection with the Government portal. This will only take a few minutes. Once sucessfull, you can make an appointment to see our Audiologist under the Voucher system with NO out of pocket cost to you.